VABANC was formed to cultivate and nurture professional relationships between Vietnamese American judges, attorneys, law students, and the Vietnamese American communities in Northern California.
With your support, VABANC has accomplished so much in the last twenty-six years, including:
- Celebrating the appointment of numerous Vietnamese American judges to the bench in California, with the most recent being the appointment of the Honorable Judge Nhan Vu;
- Raising over $50,000 in scholarship funds to support our next generation of lawyers, including law students from Berkeley Law, Santa Clara Law, and UC Hastings;
- Establishing the VABANC Law Foundation, a charitable arm of VABANC that offers a year-long public interest fellowship which has grown to $50,000 annually and has fostered the work of seven public interest attorneys working with various legal aid organizations to promote justice and access to legal services and resources for those in the community, particularly those from under resourced or underserved communities;
- Establishing free legal clinics in Oakland and San Jose, which provide in-language legal support to hundreds of community members;
- Reviving a mentorship program alongside the Honorable Judge Jacqueline Duong where experienced attorneys are paired with law students and new/transitioning attorneys;
- Elevating our mentorship program spearheaded by the Honorable Judge Jacqueline Duong where experienced attorneys are paired with law students and new/transitioning attorneys; and
- Launching the National Conference of Vietnamese American Attorneys (NCVAA), which will be celebrating its 16th anniversary this year.
Please celebrate with us by attending and sponsoring VABANC’s 25th Annual Scholarship Dinner on Friday, September 29, 2023 at the San Jose Rotunda.
To last year’s returning sponsors, we thank you and look forward to your continued generosity and support.
We have currently closed our sponsorships, but are still accepting donations at this link.
Thank you in advance for your support to our organization. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.