THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF OUR AMAZING APPLICANTS!
VABANC’s annual scholarship seeks to recognize students who have demonstrated a commitment to serving the needs of the Vietnamese-American community. Open to all law students, the scholarship is intended to assist recipients who are pursuing public interest or social justice goals. Priority will be given to those who have demonstrated a commitment to serving the Vietnamese- American community in Northern California and to those who will be using the scholarship award to further their public interest or social justice work, either by pursuing post-graduate work or for a summer position.
VABANC has historically awarded at least two scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $4,000 each. For 2022, VABANC will award at least two scholarships each valued at $2,000, with possibly larger awards based on fundraising.
Submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, July 17, 2022, 11:59 PM. Any changes to this deadline will be announced on our website at http://www.vabanc.org.
1) A completed application form; 2) a résumé; 3) a personal statement (no more than 800 words) on one or more of the following:
- Identify and describe a current pressing social or legal-services need in the Vietnamese- American community, and describe your concrete plans for serving persons affected by that need; and/or
- Discuss your history of performing social justice work for the Vietnamese-American community, or a similar underserved community, i.e., activism, pro bono work; and/or
- If applicable, describe your personal experiences in overcoming socioeconomic and/or other barriers; and/or
- Identify a public-service legal project (internship, fellowship, etc.) which you are or will be involved in, and how this scholarship would enable you to execute that project.
- The 2022 scholarship recipients will be recognized at VABANC’s annual scholarship dinner on October 21, 2022, San Jose City Hall Rotunda.
- VABANC membership required. Membership is free for students. Sign up at www.vabanc.org.
- Interviews will be conducted in August 2022.
- For the latest scholarship updates and more information about VABANC, please visit www.vabanc.org or email your questions to email@example.com.